Saturday, 27 October 2007
Social Worker and Researcher
Date of Birth: 18th August 1980 (2037-05-02 B.S.)
Marital Status: Single
Permanent: Chakratirtha VDC-1, Alkatar Lamjung, Gandaki, Nepal
Mailing: Lodyweg-1, Zimmer 010, 30167 Hannover,University of Hannover, Germany
Oct 2007 to running, M.Sc in International Horticulture,
Institute: Environment Economics and World Trade, Leibnzi Universität Hannover, Germany
1999 to 2003, B. Sc, Agriculture
Institution:Tribhuvan University/Institute of Agriculture and
Animal Science (IAAS), Rampur Campus, Chitwan, Nepal
Academic Honors: Distinction (81.84%)
Major Subjects: Agricultural Marketing and Price Policy, Survey Research Methodology,
Agricultural Finance, Horticulture, Agronomy
Elective Course: Agricultural Economics
1997 to 1999, I. Sc. Agriculture
Institution: Tribhuvan University/Institute of Agriculture and
Animal Science (IAAS), Lamjung Campus, Sundarbazar, Lamjung.
Academic Honors: First Division (71.8%)
Major Subjects: General Agriculture, English, Nepali
Biology, Physics, chemistry and Mathematics
1985 -1996, School Leaving Certificate (SLC)
School: Shree Shoubhagyodaya Secondary School, Alkatar, Lamjung, Nepal
Institution: HMG Board (SLC Board of Nepal)
Academic Honors: First Division (63%)
Major Subjects: Science, Mathematics, English and Nepali
Enterprises Promotion and Training, Environment Conservation, Sustainable Agriculture Promotion, Planning, monitoring and evaluation, World Trade, and Community Development and Research.
Training Workshop, Seminar, Tours & Others
Participated in “Need Identification Using PRA Tool” at Phulbari Village in Chitwan.
Participated in Interaction workshop on “Effective Micro-organism (EM) Technology”. Organized by third year LPM project work students of IAAS Rampur Campus in Technical collaboration with Community Welfare Development Society (CWDS).
Academic Educational Tours and visited different Institutional Organization, Agricultural Industries, and Research Center situated at different regions of Nepal (24 Days).
All India tour and visited different Institutional Organizations, National and International Research Stations of India (30 days).
Three days training (10-12 Dec 2003) Organized by FIPRED on “Gender Sensitization”.
Training on "Proposal and Report Writing" Organized by Department of Agricultural Economic, IAAS, Rampur
TOT on Advocacy for Community Based Organizations, 19th to 21st Oct 2005, Organized by Caritas Nepal
Conduct research on “Effect of Phosphorus in Wheat Production in IAAS”, Rampur Campus, Chitwan.
“Marketing Analysis of Potato in Chitwan”. Department of Agricultural Economics, IAAS, Rampur.
“Effect of Various Level of Fertilizer Dose on Cotton, Jute and Tobacco Cultivation in Late Sown Condition in Chitwan”. Department of Agronomy, IAAS, Rampur Campus, Chitwan.
“Financial Analysis on Taalpokhare Fish Firm in Gaikhur VDC”, Gorkha, Nepal.
One year experience of Project Work on “Livestock production and Management specially goat raising, fish farming, poultry (broiler and layers) raising and fodder cultivation” in IAAS, Rampur Campus, Chitwan.
Technical paper writing and seminar presentation on “Assessment on Training Need in Rice Production and Marketing for Farmers of Chakratirtha VDC, Lamjung”, IAAS Rampur Campus, Chitwan.
“Impact of political conflict on the commercialization of vegetables in Chitwan district of Nepal during 1999-2002, Submitted to Agricultural Economics Department, IAAS, Rampur
Research , Training Report s Writing
· “Commercial Vegetable production and Marketing Management in Sindhupalchowk, Parbat and Baglung District District, Nepal” (Nov.- Dec.2005) submitted to SSMP (Sustainable Soil Management Program)/ Helvetas.
· Terminal Project Evaluation Report on: "Sustainable Agriculture, Sustainable Forest Management, Cooperative and Gender in Panchamool VDC, Syangja District", submitted to Caritas- Nepal.
· Training report on "Lapsi Processing and Market Management in Phorping, Kathmandu", submitted to Caritas- Nepal.
· Training report on " Hanging System Oyster Mushroom Production and Market Management Training in Luvu, Lalitpur", submitted to Caritas Nepal.
· Training Report on “White Grub Management in Sindhupalchowk District”, submitted to SSMP/Helvetas.
1. Organization: Research and Extension Group Acting for Resource Development (REGARD- Nepal)
Post: Programme Coordinator
Duration: March 2003 to March 2005
Project Name: "Farmers-Based Participatory Action Research (F-BPAR) on Economic Promotion of Rural People in Far Western and Mid Western Hilly Areas of Nepal Through LLINK".
· Establishment of Organizational and Institutional linkages
· Simultaneous study of biophysical environment and socio-cultural Milieus
· Analysis of caste/ethnicity and access to resources
· Deigning of F-BPAR and linking F- BPAR to production
· Constitute proposal writing
· Report writing
· Selection of partner organizations, program planning and implementation
· Monitoring and evaluation
· Technical backup to sustainable horticultural crop production
· Market nodes development model preparation and implementation
· Establishment of market linkage
· Establish linkage to concerned stakeholders
2. Organization: CARITAS-Nepal
Post: Resource Person (RP) for Monitoring/Evaluation and Reporting, Syangja district
Duration: (3 Month), from April 25 – July 25, 2005
Training on “Sustainable Vegetable Production and Management in Panchamool VDCs, Sirubari , Syangja (10 Days)
Training on Role of Gender in Sustainable Forest Management in Panchamool VDC (3 Days)
Terminal Evaluation of Whole Project Programme and Reporting on Sustainable Agriculture, Forest and Cooperative.
3. Organization: SSMP/Helvetas Nepal
Post: Resource Person
Duration: November- December, 2005 (2-months)
As a Team Leader and coordination the surveying team
Surveying, Data collection
Data Analysis and interpretation
Conclusion and recommendation
Commercial vegetable production and marketing in Sindhupalchowk, Parbat and Baglung Districts, Nepal. Research Report preparing and submitted to SSMP..
4. Organizations: Caritas Nepal/ CDECF/SWI
Post: As a Trainer (Resource Person)
Following training conducted in different period:
· White Grub Management in Sindhupalchowk District (2 days from 26th to 27th September 2004).
· Commercial Vegetable Production and Marketing Management in Sindhupalchowk District (3 days from 8th to 10th Dec 2004).
· Sustainable Agriculture (5 days) training in Social Work Institute (SWI), Khumaltar, Lalitpur.
· Lapsi Processing and Market Management Training in Phorping, Kathmandu.
· Oyster Mushroom Production and Market Management Training in Luvu, Lalitpur.
· Varies Training on Sustainable Agriculture, Forest Management, Gender Empowerment and Sensitization in different local areas.
5. CARITAS- Nepal, Regional Office Pokhara and Centeral Office Kathmandu
Post: Assistance Program Officer
From: 11 Feb. 2006 to Date
· To assist the program desk in selection of new organizations, scrutinizing project proposals, pre-funding evaluation, supervision, monitoring and evaluation and implementation of ongoing projects.
· To guide the partners, in preparing progress and financial reports, and to prepare consolidated summaries of the same.
· To assist planning and organizing trainings, workshops, meeting, etc. and preparing reports of the same.
· Works in collaboration with the Head of Program Desk and Admin. /Finance Officer in assessing the financial status of projects/ programs.
· Maintains good relationship with lines agencies, implementing partners, grass-root groups and above all the authorities.
· To assist the National Office when requested.
· To prepare sustainable market models of vegetable crops and guiding the partners
· To provide technical knowledge and skill to the partner organizations in the field of horticulture and related sciences.
CN was established to serve the poor and the needy. Hence, you are asked to render your service whenever asked without hesitation
Mother Tongue: Nepali
Other Languages: English (Both written and Spoken)
Hindi (Both written and Spoken), Germany(Independent User)
Computer basics, Ms-Dos, Windows 95, Ms-Word, Ms-Excel, Ms-Power Point, Email and Internet, R-Statistics
1. Prof. S. M. Shrestha, Ph. D ,Assistance Dean (Academic)
Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science
Rampur Campus, Rampur, Chitwan, Nepal
E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 977-9841224386, 531812(Office)
2. Fr. K. B. Bogati, Executive Director
CARITAS NEPAL, Dhobighat, Lalitpur,
GPO Box 9571, 8975, EPC 2452,
Phone: 977-1-553834 5538172
Web site: www.caritas.org.np
I hereby declare that above-mentioned information is as truth as per my knowledge and genuineness that I have
5th September 2006